Monday, August 10, 2009

Back in Mainz

I finally made it! After 10 months abroad (5 more than actually planned) in 7 countries (5 less than planned) I am back in Mainz.

And ´a saudade bate forte´...

It will take some time to get used to
- having normal furniture and not sleeping on couches, on the ground, in sleeping bags...
- not carrying all my belongings in my backpack...
- paying more than 1€ for lunch or dinner...
- not having to think twice which language to speak...
- not having to worry where I´ll sleep tonight...
- not being able to jump into the Atlantic after breakfast...
- not being told how to pronounce certain words by a 5 year old...
- being on time...
- using my mobil phone...
- not seeing, eating, doing something new everyday...

And the list goes on.

Anyhow, being back in Mainz, looking at my pictures, talking to my new friends from all over South America on skype I can say that these last 10 months were definately the best ones of my life and I will not forget a single day or a single encounter. Its not so much about the places I visited but the friends I made - just like the Mastercard commercials goes, 500€ to fly to Rio, 1€ for a deck chair on Copacabana beach, 2€ for a Caipirinha - making new friends and having fun - priceless ;-)

No comments: