Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Back in Boa Vista

After a very long and rough bus ride from Georgetown to Lethem at the Brazilian border ( 1 flat tyre at 4am in the middle of the jungle, 2 blocked bridges...) I took a cab back to Boa Vista. I shared it with three garimpeiros (gold or diamant diggers) and they had a lot of fun when at immigration the officer not only gave me a visa but also his private email address :-)

In the afternoon I finally arrived back in Boa Vista - tired, sweaty and very dusty, but my CouchSurfing hosts, Lice, her brother Arlisson and her son Luciano made everything to made me feel welcome and regain my energy. Later in the afternoon another German Couchsurfer, Matthias, arrived from Venezuela and it was time to share travel stories and experiences.
Lice and her family live in a pretty big house and it seems it is the main meeting point for friends and family. There are always many people around, food on the table... its definately the best place for a Couchsurfer! They are also very proud of their beautifull state, Roraima - unfortunately untill now pretty neglected by travellers - and are very enthusiastic about showing their guests around.

No comments: